Formal meeting notes from all APPG sessions are shared here. APPG meeting notifications are shared on All-Party Notices, and with invited guests. Please contact us for further information on future scheduled meetings.
The APPG will host an In Person/Hybrid meeting at Portcullis House on Wednesday, 15th November 2023, with Parliamentarians, guest speakers and observers in attendance.
Read more below for full Agenda.
APPG Annual General Meeting 2023
The APPG elected officials and discussed business for the year ahead.
Subsequent to the official business of the AGM, there were discussions and key speakers on two reports:
Lucy Dixon and Suzanne Jobson from Karbon Homes was in attendance to provide a summary of the report and key recommendations to the Members.
Professor Irena Grugulis, Professor of Work and Skills of University of Leeds and Co-Chair of ReWAGE (Renewing Work Advisory Group of Experts) highlighted the key points of the report and topline recommendations.
The full minutes of the meeting are shared below.
for further information.
The APPG hosted an In Person/Hybrid meeting at Portcullis House on Tuesday, 6th December 2022, with Parliamentarians, guest speakers and observers in attendance.
The session focussed on two newly published reports:
- Building Opportunity, published by IES and LWI, and commissioned by NHF, NFA, and CtW. Speaking to the report, Tony Wilson, Director of IES highlighted that it calls for a new plan on jobs, growth, and incomes which sees investment in specialist employment support for those who want to work, broaden access to employment services and strengthen local partnerships. The full report and recommendations can be read here.
- From Net Zero to Housing Decency: Housing Providers and Leveling Up at the Local Level. Liam Gregson shared the work of the Northern Housing Consortium on the opportunity to bring tackling climate change and Levelling Up together and emphasised the role of housing providers in supporting thriving communities. For more information please read the Executive Summary and Full Report.
The Minutes of the meeting are shared below.
APPG Annual General Meeting
The APPG elected officials and discussed business for the year ahead. The Minutes are shared below.
APPG Officers meeting
Welcome and Introductions
- Co-Chairs address
- Business for the year ahead:
- Green jobs, housing, and skills
- Digital skills and support
- UK Shared Prosperity Fund
A discussion with Lynsey Sweeney, Managing Director, Communities that Work (CtW), Secretariat to the APPG.
4. Guest speaker perspectives:
Lucy Bannister, Policy Campaigns Manager, Joseph Rowntree Foundation (JRF)
- Welfare support and the role of social housing
- #KeeptheLifeline 2021 and JRF working with the APPG/CtW in 2022.
- AOB & Close
This meeting has taken place and the Minutes can be viewed here.
Green Jobs, Housing and Skills
This online event is supported jointly by the Co-Chairs and officials of the APPG for Housing and Social Mobility and the APPG for Housing in the North. Communities that Work and the Northern Housing Consortium provide the secretariat to the APPGs.
‘Green Jobs, Housing and Skills’ is our flagship joint event that reflects the APPGs’ shared interests in social housing, employment, and the green jobs agenda. Lord Callanan will deliver the Keynote address and be joined by a broad range of Parliamentarians alongside expert panels from the Housing and Skills sectors.
APPG AGM Minutes
The Annual General Meeting of the APPG on Housing and Social Mobility took place on 8th June 2021.
The Keynote address was delivered by the Rt Hon Chris Pincher MP, Minister for Housing.
The election of Parliamentary officials took place. The Co-Chairs reviewed the year and the Secretariat provided by Communities that Work was confirmed. Guest speakers from Clarion Futures described the commitment and role of social housing in social mobility, employment, and opportunity across communites.
APPG AGM Agenda
The Annual General Meeting of the APPG on Housing and Social Mobility, from 1.00-1.50pm.
APPG Minutes Housing and Social Mobility
Minutes of the Meeting held on 27th January 2021.
Agenda: Welcome, Updates on APPG business, A report into Housing and Employment, Parliamentary Questions, AOB.
APPG Inquiry Report: Housing & Employment
The APPG on Housing and Social Mobility led a national Inquiry aimed at tackling the employment and earnings gap in social housing in 2020.
Launched in March 2020, this inquiry concluded in September 2020.
Founding Formal Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM)
Election of officers to the APPG, The Inquiry on Housing and Employment, role of Communities that Work.
The APPG on Housing and Social Mobility aims to champion social housing providers that support communities to secure sustainable livelihoods. The APPG’s work will examine evidence led insights into the role that government, housing providers and stakeholders can play to best support social housing tenants and communities to access long-term, rewarding employment.